PCI DSS Compliance
If your business accepts credit cards, there is a new compliance requirement in your immediate future. By July 1 2010, all merchants are required to be PCI DSS compliant. The good news is that these really are, for the most part, common sense requirements that should be in place already, such as:
Basically, make sure your company treats its customers' credit cards like you want vendors to treat yours. See our PCI Compliance and PCI DSS and PA-DSS blog entries for further information, including links to Sage, PCI, and a site offering a sample company policy template.
- Keep the operating system and antivirus programs on all your computers up to date.
- Assign each user their own login and use complex passwords.
- Encrypt any transmission of credit card info, such as between a web store and your accounting application.
- Don't store credit card data any longer than you have to.
- Shred or burn any papers with credit card info.
- Screen potential employees so you don't hire thieves.
Sage Accpac, MAS 90 and MAS 200 customers can add SageCRM to their system to automate their company's customer contacts, sales leads and opportunities, and integrate the information with their accounting and sales order systems. SageCRM can also to track customer service issues and build up a knowledge base. For SageCRM users, see our SageCRM tips and tricks blog entry.
Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 Version 4.4 Product Update 1
Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 4.40 Product Update 1 is now available. In addition to the major upgrade of Inventory and Purchase Order, Product Update 1 adds the following new features:
- Accounts Payable: EFT transaction tracking
- Accounts Receivable: Cash Receipts search by Invoice #, Customer search has more options
- Payroll: Automatic application of multiple earnings codes during a payroll run.
- Sales Order: Control which items a customer may purchase
- Picking Sheet printing from Sales Order Entry, and allowing backorder items on sheets.
- Credit-Card Processing: Industry Security Compliance: PA-DSS Certified
- Windows 7 Compatibility
We are currently contacting our MAS 90 & MAS 200 customers to schedule this upgrade.
Copyright © 2008-2010 Friendly Systems
“This Web site is owned by Friendly Systems, Inc. Friendly Systems is independent from
Sage and is not authorized to make any statement, representation or warranties or
grant any license or permission on behalf of Sage regarding any product, service or
Web site content. Certain materials made available on or through this Web site are
owned by Sage and cannot be used without the prior written permission of Sage. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.”